The Series 65A Ionisation Smoke Detector uses a low activity radioactive foil to detect fires by irradiating the air in the smoke chambers and causing a current flow. If smoke enters the chamber, the current flow is reduced leading to an alarm.
- responds well to fast burning, flaming fires
- designed to operate in a variety of enviroments
- flashing LED and magnet operated test switch option
|Approvals/certifications||Certified to EN54-7 by the LPCB.|
|Supply wiring||2-wire monitored, polarity sensitive.|
|Supply/operating voltage||9 to 33V DC.|
|Quiescent current||20-45µA @ 24 VDC.|
|Alarm voltage||6-33V DC.|
|Alarm current||61mA @ 28V DC; 52mA @ 24V DC; 18mA @ 10V DC.|
|Alarm reset voltage||TBC.|
|Expansion connections||Remote LED output. Current sink to negative line limited to 17mA.|
|Product dimensions (mm)||100mm diameter x 50mm deep (detector in base); 100mm diameter x 42mm deep (detector only).|
|Construction & finish||White polycarbonate V.O in accordance with UL94. Nickel plated stainless steel terminals.|
|Weight||102g (detector only); 153g (detector in base).|
|Operating conditions/temperature||-20ºC to +80ºC.|
- A high-quality ionisation smoke detector.
- Uses a low activity radioactive foil to detect fires by irradiating the air in the smoke chamber.
- Certified to EN54-7 by the LPCB.
- Wide 9-33V DC operating voltage.
- Red LED illuminates when the detector is in alarm.
- Requires a BF308ZD diode base, BF308Z non-diode base or BF308ZR relay base.