In this context, an injury is harm or damage to the body caused by external force. Sustaining injuries on a construction site, warehouses and such business places that require Manuel labor is very common. However, there are also quite a number of injuries that can be sustained in a n office that presents a safety..
Construction work comes with some inherent risk. As the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) points out, “The fatal injury rate for the construction industry is higher than the national average in this category for all industries.” However, you can work to keep your company below that average by taking precautions. Workplace safety is essential..
A workplace inspection by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration may not be avoidable, but your company can avoid costly OSHA citations. The best way to do this is by: · Ensuring regulatory compliance; · Conducting hazard assessments and safety audits, and correcting any hazards found; · Developing and implementing a written safety and health..
Approximately two-thirds of home fire deaths occur in homes without working smoke alarms. Since most fatal fires occur at night, it’s essential that every home has working smoke alarms to provide an early warning. Working smoke alarms increase the chance of surviving a home fire by 50 percent. Nigeria government lost N5.95billion naira in five..
This refers to the application of scientific methods & techniques to determine the origin and cause of fire once firefighters have extinguished the fire. The practice is similar to the examination of crime scenes in that the scene must be preserved and evidence collected and analyzed, but with numerous additional difficulties and dangers. The investigation..
“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”, Preparedness is a sure way to safety. We however, experience the opposite as panic overwhelms us in the case of an emergency. We should ALWAYS familiarize ourselves with “where we are” and be sure to know how..
Performance-based structural fire design In the codes and standards reviewed, there is general agreement that the performance goals of structural design against fire are to limit risks to the individual and society, to directly exposed or neighboring property, and to the environment. Satisfactory performance can be demonstrated by engineering analysis or qualification testing. To achieve..
There is general agreement that the goals of structural design against fire are to limit risks to the individual and society, to directly exposed or neighboring property, and to the environment. To meet these goals, fire protection requirements use the prescriptive format, e.g., they specify the permissible materials for buildings, the thickness of insulation, or..
Fire safety tips should be practiced often and continuously. But what are the best ways to protect your home over time? We asked the pros and they answered. In addition to having a working smoke alarm (and changing batteries once a year), they suggested smart tips for stopping potential fire-friendly situations before they start.
Electricity can kill or severely injure people and cause damage to property. However, you can take simple and easy precautions when working with or near electricity and electrical equipment to significantly reduce the risk of injury to you, your workers and others around you. Electric shocks can also lead to other types of..
- 20 Dec 2017Fire Emergency Prepardness – Five Things to do in a Fire Emergency“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”, Prepared... 1 Comment
- 08 Aug 2018Fire Gas Mapping an effective tool for risk mitigation in fire-gas detection facilityWHAT IS FIRE GAS MAPPING? Fire-gas mapping is a solution that assists in the evaluation of flame and...
- 12 Dec 2017Top 3 fire prevention tips to protect your family at homeFire safety tips should be practiced often and continuously. But what are the best ways to protect y...
- 19 Dec 2017PART 1: TECHNICAL PAPER ON STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY CONSIDERATION – COLLAPSE FROM FIREThere is general agreement that the goals of structural design against fire are to limit risks to th...
- 20 Dec 2017PART 2: TECHNICAL; STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY CONSIDERATION AGAINST COLLAPSE – FIRE SCENARIOPerformance-based structural fire design In the codes and standards reviewed, there is general agree...
- 04 Jan 2018Forensic Fire InvestigationThis refers to the application of scientific methods & techniques to determine the origin and ca...