WHAT IS FIRE GAS MAPPING? Fire-gas mapping is a solution that assists in the evaluation of flame and gas risks within a process facility and in the reduction of these risks towards an acceptable risk profile. This includes placing of detectors in appropriate locations to achieve best possible detection coverage. It is designed and installed..
From Flooding to Fire outbreak, natural disasters are powerful forces that tear through cities and leave a trail of devastation across communities. According to the National Centers for Environmental Information, 16 natural disasters caused $306 billion worth of damage in the United States during 2017 alone. Though businesses are unable to predict when a natural..
“The shrewd sees the danger and conceals himself” The choice of purchasing certified gas fire suppression system and counterfeit gas fire suppression equipment is a matter of life and death. You may believe that there is no difference in the product you are receiving and that you are saving money, but it may end up..
Fall Protection – Duty to Have Fall Protection. Duty to have fall protection is the most cited standard in the construction industry and is one of the leading causes of worker deaths in construction. Employers need to do a better job of assessing job sites and implementing fall protection systems to protect workers. Workers:..
Fire safety in schools is often a neglected element in many Nigerian schools and there are no rules that are set in place for checking this aspect. The government does not enforce fire safety and most schools still function without even the basic safety amenities. This has come to light recently in the fire disaster..
FIRE SAFETY MEASURES Fire can create huge destruction in the workplace. If it’s not too bad, it causes minor injuries or none at all. If it’s a major one, it results in serious injuries and even fatalities. In reality, it’s impossible to completely get rid of fire hazards in your worksite. But that’s not to say..
If someone collapses and stops breathing near you, what would you do? Basic first aid skills can be the difference between life and death before medical help arrives, so it’s vital you know what to do in a crisis. If you know how to act in an emergency you could save someone’s life It’s really..
Maximum availability of an electronic data processing system is crucial. It is therefore recommended that the data center has the highest level of fire and security protection in the building. Very early fire detection plays an integral part in data center fire protection. With the help of very fast detection, operators can quickly be informed..
Server rooms are the heart of a company’s information structure. They are extremely critical assets because the loss of data can be devastating and one of the most important objectives of a company is business continuity. The constant presence of the ignition source (electricity) and combustible material put at stake people’s life and costly business..
Construction work comes with some inherent risk. As the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) points out, “The fatal injury rate for the construction industry is higher than the national average in this category for all industries.” However, you can work to keep your company below that average by taking precautions. Workplace safety is essential..
- 20 Dec 2017Fire Emergency Prepardness – Five Things to do in a Fire Emergency“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe”, Prepared... 1 Comment
- 08 Aug 2018Fire Gas Mapping an effective tool for risk mitigation in fire-gas detection facilityWHAT IS FIRE GAS MAPPING? Fire-gas mapping is a solution that assists in the evaluation of flame and...
- 12 Dec 2017Top 3 fire prevention tips to protect your family at homeFire safety tips should be practiced often and continuously. But what are the best ways to protect y...
- 19 Dec 2017PART 1: TECHNICAL PAPER ON STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY CONSIDERATION – COLLAPSE FROM FIREThere is general agreement that the goals of structural design against fire are to limit risks to th...
- 20 Dec 2017PART 2: TECHNICAL; STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY CONSIDERATION AGAINST COLLAPSE – FIRE SCENARIOPerformance-based structural fire design In the codes and standards reviewed, there is general agree...
- 04 Jan 2018Forensic Fire InvestigationThis refers to the application of scientific methods & techniques to determine the origin and ca...